Our 45th Annual Telethon is
October 15th and October 16th, 2021
Royal Canadian Legion - Estevan
We were able to have a Day of Caring this year! Thanks to our amazing volunteers who made it possible. It was on Wednesday, May 26th. Because of COVID-19 and to keep everyone safe, we only accepted outdoor projects following strict protocols. Here are some highlights from that wonderful day:
Thank you to everyone for helping to make our 2020 Telethon a success!
Emergency Community Support Fund - Round 2
United Way Estevan was pleased to administer a vital first round investment of $100,363 by the Government of Canada in critical services for vulnerable people in our community to date. We are pleased to support an investment of $12,061 through this second round of emergency funding from the Government of Canada.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic was declared, community-based charities and non-profit organizations have been working tirelessly to provide emergency support of all kinds—in particular, to individuals and communities experiencing continued or heightened vulnerability. Demand for their services has increased dramatically. The Fund is designed to help organizations carry out their vital work in the coming months to ensure no one is left behind.
The following organizations have received funding provided by the Government of Canada Emergency Community Support Fund Round 2:
St. Giles Anglican Church - Estevan Christmas Hamper Project - $9,000.00
Hillcrest Community Program - Nurturing Families - $2,096.12
United Way Estevan Admin Support - $964.88
Emergency Community Support Fund
United Way Estevan has finalized decisions regarding applications for the Emergency Community Support Fund. The purpose of this fund is to help charities and non-profit organizations serve and support vulnerable Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic. This funding has been made available by the Government of Canada and funding streams are being administered by United Way Centraide Canada, Community Foundations of Canada and the Canadian Red Cross in communities from coast to coast to coast. United Way Estevan is proud to support this important investment by the Federal Government. The investment amount for our community is $100,363.00.
*** Revised **** Final update - The following organizations have received funding provided by the Government of Canada Emergency Community Support Fund:
- Envision Counselling & Support Centre Inc. Mental Health, Wellness and Personal Safety Supports - $8,280.00
- Envision Counselling & Support Centre Inc. Bridging the Distance program - $11,053.96
- Estevan Family Resource Centre Extension of Counselling and Support Services - $20,000.00
- Hillcrest Community Program Family Survival Kits - $18,000.00
- South East Advocates for Employment Fresh Start - $10,000.00
- Salvation Army Food Bank - $20,000.00
- St. Joseph's Hospital Foundation - iPads for Long Term Care - $5,000.00
- United Way Estevan Admin Support - $8,029.04.
We'd like to thank the members of our Interagency Committee who reviewed the applications and adjudicated the funding decisions.
Funds may be used for immediate needs and priorities related to the impact of COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to, services such as:
• Preparing and delivering meals and/or food hampers
• Supporting individuals in accessing income supports and financial coaching
• Providing home care or personal support for seniors, elders, and persons with disabilities
• Mental health & wellness supports, including crisis counselling and peer support
• Personal safety supports, including for those living in or escaping situations of violence
• Access to safe transport for essential appointment and errands, and
For questions not addressed in these resources, please contact Executive Director, Sheila Guenther at email@example.com or 306-634-7375 for assistance.
2019 Telethon Highlights
WOW! Thanks to you, we exceeded our goal of $340,000 in only 33 hours. To all the school students who fundraised and entertained, to all the restaurants, groups, and individuals who donated food for the volunteers, to the ECS SRC Takeover group who did a fantastic job hosting through the night, to everyone who donated in the community, at work, at your child's school or at the Telethon, to all the singers and dancers, to our Member Agencies for providing awareness about the hard work you do and the valuable services you provide, to businesses who ran promotions, to everyone who helped with the Telethon setup, answered phones, ran cameras, helped with raffle tickets and bid items, or helped in any way.....
(We simply can't say it enough how awesome you are!)
Give. Volunteer. Act.
United Way Estevan has supported necessary community initiatives and services to help those who need it the most in Estevan and area for over 40 years. We proudly do this through our group of strong volunteers and our incredible donors. We aim to GIVE financially to support these services, VOLUNTEER our time to our community, and ACT to serve those in need.